Recipe for Spicy Candied Nuts
From the kitchen of Charlie Mason
Recipes for a Sparkling Holiday
Presented by Christensen & Rafferty Fine Jewelry
4 cups mixed raw cashews, almonds, pecans or walnuts
2 Tbsp turbinado sugar
1½ tsp salt
2 tsp finely chopped rosemary
½ tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp smoked paprika
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp karo syrup
¼ tsp grated orange zest
2 tsp turbinado sugar
½ tsp salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine ingredients 1-6.
- In a microwavable bowl, combine honey, karo syrup and orange zest; microwave on high for 10 seconds.
- Pour microwaved syrup over the nuts and stir to coat. Spread nuts on baking sheet in a single layer and sprinkle with remaining salt and sugar.
- Roast for 25 – 35 minutes depending on oven.
- Store in air tight containers