Recipe for Potato Fritters (Aloo Tikki)
From the kitchen of Monica
Recipes for a Sparkling Holiday
Presented by Christensen & Rafferty Fine Jewelry
6 russet potatoes, cooked and peeled
3 Serrano chilies, finely chopped
1/2 bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
2 teaspoons of cumin seeds
Breadcrumbs from 6 slices of bread
Salt to taste
Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Roughly mash potatoes, mix in next 5 ingredients.
- Using your hands, roll 3 tablespoons of potato mix into a small ball.
- Flatten potato ball slightly, smoothening the edges.
- Deep fry in about 2” oil heated to smoking point.
- Gently let in potato fritters, one at a time.
- Turn fritters over till both sides are golden brown.
- Drain off excess oil on paper towel.
Serve with a dip of your choice – we recommend cilantro peanut chutney